Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Wow

Maybe, I need to grow up.

That's something I never thought Id be saying to myself at this age.

Frinstance, although this aint a hard and fast rule, I never really think its a good idea to get back with an ex you've broken up with on bad terms. There are usually good reasons you've broken up.

And it's hard to be friends afterward, once you've crossed that line.

E, its worked for me.

But now, I've been proffered an olive branch. And I'm actually at a loss what do in response.

You know, cuz I wasn't THAT mad when her parting words to me was that I needed to grow up.

---------

On rotation

Why dont you Do Right - Peggy Lee

I had an argument once with an ex about, I think, the ingenue singer Norah Jones. That she's pretty with a pretty voice, surely, but she doesn't move me.

Peggy Lee moves me.

Of her songs over the years, Id say her definitive rendition of 'Fever', and her well known 'He's a Tramp' are my favorites.

But, 'Why Dont You..' , yeah baby. Her measured voice with Alan Silvestri's nimble classical/roadhouse dive jazz piano .. doesnt get much better.

'get outta here
get me some money too..'

No comments: