Sunday, December 19, 2004

Sox, underwear and destruction

The first paycheck
, being a short check, was designated for essentials only.

Naturally, i bought a bunch of computer schtuff first. So, Im waiting for a santa claus dressed in brown to bring me a laptop screen, notebook CD burner, a Uninterruptible Power Supply and USB reading light. (What? that's essential. Ive wanted one since i saw fred obsessively using hers, plus i type in the dark a lot...).

So, anyway - theres enough left over for items on my christmas wish list - a coupla DVD's and ... Total Annihilation.

Yes, as regular readers know - that game is jinxed for me.

But i want that game. It brings me peace, blowin' stuff up.

So when the screen arrives from Butte, Montana (my first ever e-bay purchase), I can waste time effectively.

However, speaking of jinxes and destruction - I need to go buy some socks and underwear.

Why? Well, apparently merc retrograde is still running amok, i rolled out of bed yesterday to go to work, I stepped into water on a floor that had been bone dry a mere hour before.

It seems someone's bathtub down the hall had backed up and flowed out into the hallway and under my door, ruining a bag of laundry and other things (My diego garcia print! Ruined by water damage! Aaaargh!).

I tossed the clothes and everything that was sodden out. It was mostly t-shirts, underwear and socks that was bachelor-old anyway, so it wasnt that much of a loss. But they are essentials, so theyve gotta be replaced.

Eh, new boxers are always good. And wool socks for the winter.

And, Total Annihilation. :D
---



No comments: