Wednesday, January 26, 2005

The littlest magnolia

Per Gwen


The littlest magnolia, originally uploaded by gwen.

Even tho its still chilly here, as Gwen shows (in Oakland), spring is here.

The trees know.


-------
On rotation

Over and Over - Nelly & Tim McGraw
------
My favorite lament:

"When Ive got the time, I rarely have the money. When Ive got the money, I rarely have the time."

Im getting tired of saying that.

Between work at night, daytime meetings and activities, Im finding myself stretched to find time for my projects and travels. I catch sleep whenever I can - which aint good.

"Work so you can live, not live so you can work."


My job is easy and it's convenient. And its got benefits. But Im concerned Im losing on the things Im rilly trying to do.

So, the answer to my lament - save the money, take the time.

Discipline. Enjoy myself.

Just a little affirmation there. :)
------
"Where have you been?!" said yesterday by the little vietnamese lady who owns my favorite little hole in the wall donut shop that I go for breakfast.

All I have to do is twirl my index finger in the air to tell her what I want. She'll either go and prepare the dish of rice, eggs and portugese sausage with my large decaf herself or yell the order "Eggs scrambled, rice with butter - large portion, and hotlinks sliced" in chinese to her assistant in the kitchen.

I know what she's saying because she sez the words "scrambled, butter, hotlinks" in english.

The dish is usually a delight of presentation, making the other people in the place exclaim - every single time - "damn, that looks good".

It is good.

Which is why, every chance I get, I go way out of my way to 6th and Mission, one of the sketchiest streets in all of SF, for breakfast.

Think I'll go now.




No comments: