Friday, January 28, 2005


SF Advisory board




Heehee. Very valid advice. They definitely need a tourist brochure written by everyday San Franciscans.

-----
Pinao went walkabout around her new SF neighborhood recently. Her prose crax me up:

As I look up at the next store sign, I'm assaulted by the smell of skunk! Certainly, the stinky varmit wouldn't wander into town - nope. The sign told it all. "Herbal Remedies" with a small sign in the window "Must be 18 or older to enter with valid identification." TWEEEEED! Yup, a cannibus club. G'damn! I kept walking...but, sorta felt a twinge of the munchies...


JPennant: TWEED!!!
JPennant: *lmao*
pinao: don't mess with a bruddah's tweeed
JPennant: its too true in the Bay Area
JPennant: i cant walk up geary or mission without getting a secondhand high
pinao: i know, right?
JPennant: i was gonna excerpt that as a too true part of San Francisco :-)
pinao: lol
JPennant: TWEED!!!
JPennant: heeheehee
pinao: hahah
JPennant: I cant stop sayin it :-)
pinao: stop smokin' dat tweed!
pinao: lol
JPennant: its gotten to the point where I can now tell the difference between hydroponic, humboldt county and mexican when I walk by
pinao: :o
pinao: LOL
pinao: love that word: hydroponic
pinao: bring on the maui waui
pinao: er...wowee
JPennant: ooh yeah. I gotta check that out when i hit the islands, mon
pinao: hahaha
JPennant: See what the hell Cheech and Chong and COPS in Hawaii were talkin about.
pinao: it's all good. :-)
JPennant: heheh

JPennant: <--- saying *TWEEED* and giggling over and over
pinao: lol
JPennant: Heh, I took a picture of a bus stop the other day - maaan, I wish pictures had smell-o-vision
JPennant: THATs why Im cracking up on "TWEEED!!"
pinao: heheh

JPennant: More of that kinda walkabout observations, please :-)
pinao: of course. just wait until i go to the caaaastro
pinao: hopefully i'll have me camera by then
JPennant: oooh
pinao: LOL

..finally decide to go to the local cafe and grab a falafel and soy latte. But, first I passed it to go to RiteAid for some shampoo. On my way back, I pass Mahogany...it's a hair place (I wouldn't call it a salon...) and there are two sistahs with cornrows doing hair. When I pass by, again, I'm assailed with the smell of what??? yes, TWEEEED! All right -- for all the tweed that I am smelling, this better be a safe ass neighborhood -- just like Amsterdam! I proceed to scarf my falafel and quaff my latte. I then begin the gruelling walk up my hill. By the time I get home, I'm spent! I can't wait till my next adventure.


Me neither. :)


No comments: