Friday, January 21, 2005

Random thoughts

I havent posted
a buncha images because Im still tryig to find a good workflow on the Mac..
Just slow. Thought it'd be faster, but so far I havent found the magic combination, like I did with IrfanView on the PC.

With Irfanview, I can quickly process hundreds of images in short order, and thats without using batch processing or automated procedures, because I like hands-on conrol.

Currently Im using Adobe Image Ready, but its too bulky for handling a bunch of images quickly.

Thinking of installing VirtualPC, and running IrfanView under that, if push comes to shove.
---------
Hee.

San Francisco 49'ers hire Mike Singletary as Assistant Head Coach

This means Mike Singletary is on the fast track, being groomed to be the Chicago Bears head coach.

Oooh, cant wait.

Yeah, I still get people on the street saying "Wow, you look a LOT like Mike Singletary."

Nah, he's got dimples. :)
---------
Oh, speaking of things Chicago, I got basic cable.. and I noticed that the chicago station WGN is one of my channels. Right on.

Among the the things Ive missed over the years, having cabe in NY and Flordia, was not having WGN for some reason.

So, this is cool.
-------



While being out and about, I noticed another sign of spring - bright orange California poppies starting to bloom along the side of the highway.
Yeah, the plants here know better than humans.

Subtle, but a sure fire sign.

The cold is still biting. I know, the temps are in the 40's - but its still a wet cold.

Even folk from Michigan are shivering, and although there are fools out in shirt sleeves, the prudent are still wrapped in scarves and hoods.

In fact, I saw a surreal scene last night in a park by my neighborhood. Kids were out playing basketball, and most of them were in white or blue hoodies to protect against the chill.

I shoulda got off the bus and taken a picture of that.

---------
I dont remember why, but I had occasion to walk around my neighborhood (Valencia Avenue/16th Street) yesterday evening

Wow. Ive been here a coupla months now, but I didnt realize all these different restaurants and galleries were about.

I mean, I KNEW, but I didnt know.

The gloom of the winter evening turned on lights that I didnt even know were there, making me see what had passed unnoticed.

Hm. I need to get out more, and not just at midnight.




No comments: