Friday, February 25, 2005

Must be the full moon. Feeling kinda dunno, melancholy a bit.

McClint: http://bvim-qt.vitalstream.com/HitchhikersGuide/HG2G_Trailer2_0197_1500.mov
JPennant: Hahaha. "Dont panic" indeed
McClint: did you ever read the book?
McClint: or listen to the radio show or see the old BBC tv show?
JPennant: I confess, I just skimmed the books
JPennant: it was just too ahead of me
McClint: you gotta be open to scifi a bit too
JPennant: I never actually read them thru
McClint: too bad he died so young
McClint: it is good. but you gotta read it to at least understand "don't panic" the Babelfish, and the significance of "42"
JPennant: oh I read that
JPennant: didnt he die at 42?
McClint: ummmm actually i'm not sure... let me check
McClint: born march 11, 1952 died May 11, 2001
McClint: 49
JPennant: young
JPennant: by the way, that guy died
McClint: huh?
McClint: what guy?
JPennant: the guy I was telling you about who died where Im working.
McClint: ??? i dont remember
JPennant: Oh. Tuesday, i said I saw a guy die that morning
JPennant: then I said he was still being worked on by paramedics when i left
JPennant: He had collapsed face down in the hallway
McClint: damn
JPennant: he was overweight and sedentary
JPennant: nice guy tho
JPennant: it just made me stop, but prolly not for the reasons I thought I would
JPennant: in brief, it brought to mind that song "Suicide is Painless"
McClint: yeah
JPennant: When I obsess about dying, I worry about how painful it'll be
JPennant: It didnt look that painful.
McClint: yeah. that's why god invented morphine :-)
JPennant: heh
JPennant: Just in an introspective mood
JPennant: I could use some Starbux

No comments: