Wednesday, February 23, 2005

North Beach


North Beach, originally uploaded by Itinerant.

"I'll get the Chicken Parmigiana but with risotto."
"But we have Pasta. It comes with pasta."
"Risotto. I like rice. I want it with risotto."
"I'll check with the kichen."


Heh, I think he's used to telling people what they should have.

Me, I prefer rice over pasta.

It was VERY good.
------
The owner of the restaurant collects little FIAT 600's, and I was taking pictures of the bright yellow one parked in front of the place.

I started taking pictures, and naturally, people started pulling up to look at the car.

(Whats UP with that, by the way?? I start taking pictures and people pull up to enjoy the view.. and be IN the view. Goodness.)

The owner was doing the usual Italian Restaurant Thing In a Touristy Area, calling and waving to people to come on in.

While across the street, he was indicating to a bunch of people to come on in. I had intended to have Dim Sum down the road (Dim Sum! All you can eat!! Five dollars!!), but you know - I decided to check it out.

Not expensive, pretty good.

As I walked out, the owner firmly shook my hand and in heavily accented english, looked me in the eye and said he hoped Id be back.

You know, that might be his schtick - but that goes a long way with me.

No comments: