Saturday, April 02, 2005

Family art

In the sibling dynamic, the relationship between elder and younger never really changes no matter how old you get.

My little brother is a grown man, with a kid even. Although we are adult peers, and respect is given accordingly, it's still a Big brother/Little brother thing.

And from time to time, I still get the Big Brother props. :

(I once dated a art history major, who turned me onto art)

lilbro: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=20136&item=7311215776&rd=1 target="_blank"
lilbro: like?
JPennant: Yah. I prefer Monet's haystack series meself.
JPennant: More importantly - is that YOU like it
lilbro: u really r the FUCKING man!!!
lilbro: shoppin 4 some inexpensive paintings to put in the house. bought a car today too. toyota tercel
JPennant: good :-) Park that SUV.
lilbro: no doubt. 15$ to fill tank
JPennant: Tercel. change the oil often, make sure the CV joints are in good shape. They wear out quickly.
lilbro: U REALLY R GOOD
lilbro: one of the CV joints wasnt good but the owner changed it 4 me
JPennant: I need to get my big printers set up so I can start sending you art for your wall
lilbro: yup
JPennant: by the way
JPennant: you can get REAL art and photographs for cheap
JPennant: that will be worth money eventually
lilbro: where?
lilbro: dat stuff i showed u is real cheap
JPennant: yeah, but thats not a collectible
JPennant: a collectible is something cool that you wanna hang on your wall FROM the artist
JPennant: specially signed by the artist
lilbro: these were from the artist, just repos from the originals
JPennant: monet is dead
JPennant: Jay Meisel isnt
lilbro: REALLY???
JPennant: I'll ignore the sarcasm
JPennant: ok, let me give you an idea of hw I intend to collect art'
JPennant: I like this guy's work
JPennant: http://noahgrey.com/
JPennant: so, I browse through his photographs
JPennant: if I see one I REALLY like
JPennant: for 40 bux, I get a custom print. printed and signed when i order it
JPennant: I frame the print.. its instantly worth 300 bux
JPennant: say he commits suicide
lilbro: lmao
JPennant: that print is instantly worth 2000 :-)
lilbro: dats some funny shit
lilbro: "say he commits suicide,,"
lilbro: hahahaha
lilbro: youre wrong man
JPennant: hey, notoriety is worth something
lilbro: wrong
JPennant: thats how the art world works :-)
JPennant: Norman Rockwell prints that are worth thousands
JPennant: used to line birdcages
lilbro: how u get 1 of these prints?
JPennant: primarily cuz he is dead now
JPennant: when I die, my prints are gonna be worth money
JPennant: real money
lilbro: i guess so
JPennant: :-)
lilbro: weirdo
JPennant: heheh
JPennant: just get what you like, man :-)

He doesnt like when I say 'when Im gone'.

When he was a kid and he'd come to Chicago for the summers, Id take him to Wrigley Field for Cubs games. Back then, the Cubs sucked - so we could usually get good seats. He's a New York sports fan, but he will always go to Wrigley Field.


JPennant: You and me should go to the Chicago Art Institute
JPennant: go look at REAL Monet's
lilbro: dat would b nice. maybe in the summer for a weekend
JPennant: yes. lets do that.
lilbro: catch a cubs game
JPennant: if we could get a ticket
JPennant: Cubs tickets are like gold now
lilbro: why? they got no team since sammy walked. pitchers both hurt
JPennant: Its the Cubs
lilbro: nuff said
JPennant: yup

lilbro: luv u alot bro
JPennant: :-) I'll take the love :-)

No comments: