Thursday, May 26, 2005

Meme tagged by MisterB

1) Total Number of films I own on dvd: 16

- The Incredibles
- Monty Python: The Meaning of Life
- Eat Drink Man Woman
- Spiderman 1 & 2
- Disney's Aladdin
- My Cousin Vinny
- Mumford
- Risky Business
- Office Space
- Young Frankenstein
- Anchorman
- The Italian Job
- Spaceballs
- Undercover Brother
- M.A.S.H (I lent it to Risa, who took it with her to Ecuador and New York - so Im gonna have to replace it. Robert Altman's best.)

If it werent for Mr Clint and not counting TV shows it would be 9. Because of my recent experiences, I dont want a lot of stuff. Otherwise, its clutter I may have to shed.

2) The last film I bought: Mumford

When I get around to it, the next one will be Bull Durham.

3) The last film I watched: Robots (my sweet lord, did that suck.)

Or was it The Upside of Anger? Dunno, I was theater-hopping, stretching a 10-dollar ticket to last a whole day. :)

4) Five films I watch a lot or that mean a lot to me:

Hm. Thats hard.
Id have to use as criteria, the films I would happily turn off the lights, turn off the phone and load up on munchies and jammies for.

- Mumford.
(If you havent watched it and just going by a film synopsis, you wouldnt get it. Written by the man who wrote both The Big Chill AND the first two Star Wars.)
- Father Goose
(One of Cary Grant's finest films.)
- Bull Durham
(Great flick. Wears well with age. Like baseball itself.)
- You've Got Mail
(Believe it or not, I consider it an exceedingly subtle and too-short film about love, family, choices and location. Also, the company and technology featured was a big part of my life. AND of course, its a film all about New York's Upper West Side, where Im glad I lived and would definitely go live again.)
- Pillow Talk.
(Doris Day and Rock Hudson go well together.)

No comments: