Sunday, May 22, 2005

So So cheesy

On rotation

Dee-Lite - Groove is in the Heart
Vanilla Ice - Ice Ice Baby
Imagination - Just an Illusion
Soft Cell - Tainted Love
Toni Basil - Mickey
K7 - Come Baby Come
Right Said Fred - Im too sexy
Sir Mix-A-Lot - My Hooptie
Dexy's Midnight Runners - Come on Eileen
Culture Club - Clock of the Heart
Sinead O'Connor - Nothing Compares 2 U
Peter Gabriel - Sledge Hammer


Yep, an 80's fest.

Always liked Ice Ice Baby, screw the haters, the dude changed music forever. Come on Eileen might have been a mutant Irish folk song, but its got a catchy hook. It took me a long time to figure out that I wanna be the drummer on Mickey, the percussion is kickin'. I might think Sinead, the former darling of college kids everywhere, a serious ditz, but she sings the hell out of that Prince cover. Culture Club: Ok, Boy George freaked me out as a teenager, but damn, the dude could sing - and I appreciate Clock of the Heart as one of the wisest songs Ive ever heard. Plus Im more secure in my sexuality now. :) Dee-Lite made club DJ's as musicians cool, with attitude and fun. Sir Mix-A-Lot has always been droll, specially with that pean to rolling Buckets everywhere. Mine was a 72 Coupe-DeVille my pops had bought from some Mexican thugs on the West Side of Chicago, with the hood secured by chains and a padlock. Just an Illusion. Heh, if I could play bass Id hum the Bass line forever. Tainted Love's a great song, innit? I could sing it to many an ex. And I think everybody remember where they were when they first heard I'm So Sexy, Right, said Fred?

No comments: