Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Warning: Portions may appear larger than they actually are

Hukilau SF
Masonic & Geary

Big Bubba plate

The food was good, but the Hawaiian food Ive had so far made me believe it was good, filling stuff.

This had me craving a chalupa or 2 afterward.

I was disappointed.
-----------
JPennant: Hey Mars .. when I go out to eat hawaiian, say a combo plate.. I should leave full, shouldnt I?
mars: depends
mars: but mostly yes
JPennant: thats what I thought
mars: y?
JPennant: I went for Hawaiian at a noted Hawaiian place in frisco
JPennant: I left craving a chalupa, cuz I wasnt full.
mars: lol
mars: over priced too?
JPennant: wasnt exactly cheap, no.
mars: the best is to get cheap eats
mars: biiiig portions, small prices
JPennant: yeah!
mars: the farther away from hawaii you get the more the inverse is true
JPennant: well, the Hawaii Drive Inn - thats the rule.
JPennant: cheap and makes me full and satisfied and sleep
JPennant: I went to another in the Castro the other night
JPennant: I was so sleepy, I was staggering home like I was drunk.
mars: lol
mars: thats the best
JPennant: whoo doggy
JPennant: It didnt seem like a lot, but it was.
JPennant: The worst part tho, was that it was recommended by someone who knows Hawaii.
JPennant: Ah, well, soon - I'll know the real deal.
mars: why is that the worst part?
JPennant: well, if a friend recommends a place highly, and it doesnt work out.. its not a good feeling.
mars: oh! the one in frisco not the one in castro?
JPennant: right, Hukilau - not Tita's. Tita's was waay better.
JPennant: Its not that the place was bad.. I was just disappointed.
mars: sucks

No comments: