Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Checking the tea leaves

Folk oft mistake me reading my horoscope as looking for a prediction of the future.

Nah. I have my friend Poo for that.

No, I actually read them looking for thematic cues, more for confirmation (or not) of themes going on in my life. Makes me feel better about decisions Ive already made, or decisions Im about to make, or to temper my enthusiasm for the silly shit Im doing.

The hardest part I think is not reading what I want to believe.

Right now - Im aiming to make changes toward living the kind of life I want to live.

So, todays horroscope, right on time, sez:

The next few days are going to be crucial for your ambitions, and the most important thing is that you think through your plans and settle on a long-term course of action. Doubts will come - they always do - but you must not deviate from the path you have chosen to take. It may not be the only path but it is the right one for you.


For me, anyway - it's often more right than not. Not as accurate as Poo, but then again - who is? :)
------
Interestingly, there are often seeming contradictions in the horrorscopes. Fer example:

It may seem as if everything has come to a stop on the work front and, because you are so desperate to push ahead, it will be frustrating. However, maybe it is for the best that you cannot start anything new just at the moment. It could be you will soon be following a very different path.


Eh, my reading of these tea leaves tell me I just need to chill and be patient for a bit. In time, in time.

No comments: