Monday, March 06, 2006

It feels good to be a gangstah luddite

While buying a book at the San Francisco friends of the library book store today, the volunteer lady, frail with age, but very fashionably dressed in black cashmere and pants - proclaimed how she loved what I was wearing, a black hoodie from hawaii decorated with plumeria prints.

"Very chic", she said.

Funny, just this morning I'd been pondering on going back to Hawaii for some clothes shopping.
------------
I was at the SFPL to go on a computer, as the Dell laptop had gone terminal, and I was checking Craigslist to pick up another.

I used to go to the library all the time but I rarely step foot in there nowadays. That is regrettable, for my social life had been quite lively because of the wide variety of folk at the library. Because of work and not carrying around a laptop - there has been a corresponding decline.

My only concern about no puter was not having a way to offload pictures. Beyond that, I was in no hurry to get another machine.

Ive grown to like not having a machine with me constantly. That was why i was in no hurry to fix any of the dead laptops. I do miss going walkabout.

But, Ive got things to do.

Checking Craigslist for another machine was a plan B, as I'd already ordered a stripped laptop off eBay to replace the dell - having the feeling that it was only a matter of time that the thing was gonna die again.

So it did, and the stripped machine arrived on Monday. Putting in ram, drive and battery from the dell, I had a working machine.

Still, I should go to the library more often.

No comments: