Wednesday, March 15, 2006

On rotation:

Dana Owens - Simply beautiful
Janet Jackson - I Get So Lonely
Goapele - First love
Teena Marie - Ooh La La La
Queen Latifah - U.N.I.T.Y
Gaopele - Closer


-----
Today's horroscope:

You've been looking around your place lately and wondering if it's really where you want to be -- and how you want it to look. If you're not sure, you have options.
You can seek out a realtor, start flipping through the newspaper to find something that's a bit more suited to your tastes, or, on the less radical side, set yourself a budget, grab some color pallets, hit the flea markets and antique marts and create a new home -- right where you are now.
Take your time deciding, though.


Growing older, I find Im getting comfy with things that would bother, disturb, disgust and even frighten me.

Change, fer instance.

This afternoon, i found myself wandering the tony Pacific Heights shopping district and going into places i would never normally go.

Furniture and design stores. Expensive ones.

Not sure why. I told msyelf I wanted some ideas, but then i realized what I was doing.

Im implementing changes. Drastic ones.

Mercury retrograde is in effect, and Ive found that its a perfect time to shift gears and make changes.

In truth, i started making these changes last year, but I didnt appreciate that the changes were a lot deeper than they appeared.

Now, I want to totally redo my living spaces to reflect much more than my practical ethos.

I want MY style.
-------------
One of the good things of getting older, is that you know yourself, and you get to the point where you want your external matches your inner.

Still, I dont think I realized that at some point - you have to throw out a lot, get rid of .. stuff, to accomodate the style you want.

The style that fits.

JPennant: Changes are afoot.
JPennant: feels good.
misterB: new shoes? ;-)
JPennant: more than that
JPennant: gonna redo my place. totally. throw out everything not fitting the style and function.
JPennant: MY style and function
misterB: hmm, got a new lady in your life?
JPennant: i knew youd ask that. :-)
JPennant: No.
misterB: kekeke, just checking
JPennant: No, this is me
JPennant: of course, im not gonna spend high end money to do it
JPennant: style doesnt have to be expensive
JPennant: in fact, it shouldnt be
JPennant: im even thinking of doing that magazine
JPennant: a magazine for young straight men ,written with the sensibilities of gay men.
JPennant: No, its not GQ :-)
misterB: hehe

No comments: