Monday, July 10, 2006

Time may be precious, but dont rush it

Today's
horrorscope:

It is the age-old question: Is it better to control your desires or is it better to indulge them? Only you can decide but before you do think back to similar situations in the past when you went to one extreme or the other. There's nothing wrong with pushing yourself, but be sure you maintain a balance between what you have and what you want to have. Your eyes are becoming bigger than your wallet, and if you push things too far, you may get a nasty surprise in the form of an unexpected bill or emergency payment. Watch your spending and challenge yourself to tighten your budget. Time spent adjusting and reducing your material desires will prove profitable.


Although my bills arent massive, im watching my savings dwindle and worry about not being able to do the things I want to do. It's taking effort to remind myself Im not in dire straits and all things are possible. But I do blow a buck on lotto every so often, with the hope of a payoff to carry me forward, but i dont plan my life around 1-in-14 million chances.
(Heh, ok, fine - I still have the dreams of retiring on the lotto and daily concern myself on what would i do with that kinda cash.)

To snap myself out of it, I remind myself that Ive set my life up to survive on minimal resources and the only thing that is truly finite is time.

If you're really feeling the pressure today, it's time to readjust. Check in with yourself and realize that you're only one person, doing the best you can. You can't hit a home run every single time you're up at bat -- and the good news is that no one expects you to! The pressure you're feeling is mostly self-imposed, so don't fear that you're going to let anyone down (you're not). Just give this day as much energy as you can. Focus on what you need to do, and leave it at that.

There is no point in waiting for a perfect situation to arise because you could wait forever. Take your pleasures where you find them today and don't feel guilty that not everyone is having such an easy time of it as you. Life moves in cycles and it just happens to be your turn to be on the sunny side of the street.



Yep, this is as about as perfect as it gets i guess, so let me worry about the things that i can control, which includes my attitude and effort.
You're in perfect harmony with your ambitions right now, so get ready to tackle your loftiest goals. Your old dreams may not be big enough, so set your sights on something even more magnificent.


Now, thats what i need to hear.

No comments: