Aloha Airlines Security Advisory
You may have a trip planned in the near future, and we'd like to inform you about some new security measures that have been implemented effective today.
Due to the heightened security levels recently enacted at our airports, Aloha Airlines has been advised by the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) that effective immediately, any liquids or gel-like substances will not be allowed as a carry-on aboard any aircraft. Screening and disposal of such items will take place at the security checkpoints and at the departure gates. Examples of prohibited items include but are not limited to: bottled water, all beverages such as juice and milk, shampoos, toothpaste, perfumes, aerosols, hair gels, oils, lotions and creams.
NO LIQUIDS OR GELS OF ANY KIND WILL BE PERMITTED IN CARRY-ON BAGGAGE. ITEMS MUST BE IN CHECKED BAGGAGE.
Items that fall within this category include:
* All beverages of any type in any size container, including bottled water.
* Suntan lotion
* Hair gel
* Contact lens solution
* Other items of similar consistency
Such items may be transported in checked baggage.
* Baby formula or breast milk, only if a baby or small child is traveling
* Prescription medicine with a name that matches the passenger's ticket
* Insulin and essential other non-prescription medications
Beverages purchased in the sterile area must be consumed before boarding because they will not be permitted onboard the aircraft.
Any item that is liquid or gel-like in form, will only be allowed in the passenger's checked baggage.
Aloha Airlines would also like to advise our customers on steps you can take to ease your travel experience during this period:
* Pack lightly, without clutter to facilitate easier screening.
* Please arrive three hours prior to scheduled departure time for Trans-Pacific flights and two hours prior for Inter-island flights within Hawaii.
* Cooperate with TSA personnel at all checkpoints and gates. TSA Security Officers will also be checking carry-on baggage at the gate.
* Be attentive and vigilant to any suspicious activity.
* Do not leave luggage or personal items unattended.
* Due to these heightened security measures, we ask for your patience and understanding as we work closely with the TSA and our airport authorities to assure your flight's safety.
* Further information is available on our website at AlohaAirlines.com/TravelAdvisory
Friday, August 11, 2006
In my mailbox this morning
Posted by Joe Pennant at 9:05:00 AM