Monday, October 16, 2006

Moving on

I had
a weird dream earlier. It had me moving somewhere, packed up and having a goodbye meal (and goodbye sex) with an ex before I jumped on a plane.

What made it weird was the incongruity of the people involved. The ex is half a continent away, and - I thought - safely forgotten. And where the hell was I moving.

Clint tried to talk some sense into me:

mcclint: you were leaving the bay area?
JPennant: yeah
mcclint: hahah what have you been smoking?
JPennant: and why the hell am i dreaming about someone i havent seen in years
mcclint: nothing wrong with that
JPennant: thought id resolved all that
mcclint: memories are memories.
mcclint: if your dream world includes the bicycle you rode when you were 7 years old and a stranger on the bus you saw on 2 occasions outside the bus.... it doesn't mean squat
JPennant: is my subconscious leaking?
JPennant: :-)
mcclint: your brain is just trying to create some nighttime entertainment for ya

For me, It's rarely that simple.

For me, even random dreams arent random.

I'll figure it out.
-------
Ive been thinking recently about moving, leaving the bay area - stopped only because I'd like to keep the place as a home base, somewhere to come back to wherever I go.

That may not be realistic, paying rent in two places. All I REALLY need is a PO Box.

Everything i'd really want to take with me, can be packed into a backpack at this point, dont need everything.


Why hang onto a life I dont need?
--------
Checked into the ex's life, just to see. Eh, only mildly interesting, nothing to do with me.

Yup, ive moved on.


No comments: