Friday, August 31, 2007

My friend Jess


My friend Jess, originally uploaded by Itinerant.

I went over to Berkeley last night for the first time in probably a year and a half.

The place has changed, didnt see anyone I knew, except for Jessica. And if I only saw one person, I wouldve preferred it'd be jessica - who encouraged me to display my work for the first time in Berkeley's landmark Au Coquelet restaurant in 2004. Changed me forever.

She also used to make sure I got my daily Mocha on the house (as she did again last night) when I couldnt afford a daily mocha. For her down-to-earth no-nonsense kindness and encouragement - here's to you, Jess. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like a lovely bday. i love alone time, too. cyn

Joe Pennant said...

Thanks.

When I try to explain why I need the alone time, I tell them I need the time on my birthday to retreat to adjust my headspace.

As you well know, if us Virgo's dont get that alone time to retreat and center ourselves, we may not go all batshit crazy - but we can get decidedly unpleasant to deal or live with.