Friday, November 30, 2007

"To succeed, you MUST have passion."
I tend to look to things I find relevant for inspiration and direction.

Recently, I've become fascinated by Gordon Ramsay, the Chef and Businessman. When I started watching his TV shows, I wasnt fascinated by his earthy language or all the restaurants he has. In each and every instance, he insisted on high standards - and never wavered. In his world, excellence is basic.

"Discipline yourself. Become hard on yourself."
That is what caught my attention.

The more I watch him, the more I see and he is giving me insights Ive been looking for these past few years on the hows of success.


It might be food and restaurants, but food is basic and business is basic. And, oh yeah - the restaurant business is one of the toughest, most competitive and ruthless businesses there is. Not a bad example to look for inspiration.

" Running your own business is scary. It’s not like going to work for a boss every day: you are the boss and you have to maintain standards. That’s an amazing challenge not once a week or once a month but each and every day that business is open."

Since the year 2000, Ive wanted to leave IT work far behind, as it has become a Golden Noose.
So, Id like to take my passions and make a good living with it - combine Passion with Business - and Im getting the insights Ive been looking for in Ramsay.

“Play on your strengths, and improve your weaknesses.”



--------------
Heh, interestingly - today's horrorscope sez:

It is time to tackle the problems that have been plaguing you. Exploration without purpose will leave you lost in the woods. Be willing to learn from someone who can do a task better than you can.
There ya go.

No comments: