Monday, February 18, 2008

Today's horrorscope

It sez:

When a goal is too easy to attain, it is not as fulfilling as a hard-won victory can be. So take the more difficult route today and don't be too rigid about what you are willing or not willing to do. The biggest challenges come when you open up your mind and tell the universe that you are up for anything! Look for something that puts you outside of your comfort zone and intimidates you just a bit. This task will reward you with great pride that will feed your ego in a powerful way


Hah. Im definitely doing things the hard way. Don't I always?

Although there are times when I know I should be more proactive to make my life easier, I find I tend to hate my life when I do. I remember when friend, using her high level contacts, referred me to a job with Morgan Stanley. The money was very good ($110k BBB), but after the interview I found myself having panic attacks. Yes, it was far more money than I'd ever made but to this day Im convinced it was because I would have to wear a suit every day. The prospect of That Life gnawed at my gut. It doesnt happen often, but I now know this strong reaction is usually an indication it is a path I dont want to go down (getting married was another time...).


Still for some reason, I keep having this foolish, yet euporic feeling that the path Im taking now is a happier one...


No comments: