Thursday, April 03, 2008

Today's horrorscope sez:

You may be a thrill seeker right now, but you're also testing a strategy. A difficult situation will begin to stabilize over the next few days. There is no need to take any drastic measures. Let the events unfold without trying to influence the outcome.


Im feeling happy, but its a teeny bit scary.

----------
I realized today, that the circumstances of me leaving SF is almost the same as what was happening when I left New York.

Poverty and leaving my place.

Thats a bad pattern. I dont want to live like that. This will not happen again.

I dont want to feel like I HAVE to leave someplace, I should be able to leave whenever I desire. However, inertia is a bad habit to break. I never really thought of SF as 'home' and I wanted to travel and eventually leave NY anyway, but still.

No, no no. That is bad.

And money alone isnt the solution.
--------
Trying to finish an overdue library book. Waaay overdue. Like 2 or 3 years?

Anyway, it is "Career Management for the Creative Person", and its speaking to me, giving insight into my working patterns over the past 25 years. I didnt realize I was so fundamentally right-brained. Damn.

Heh, prolly why its overdue too. Id like to finish and return it before I leave town.

Still, it makes good points about being TOO right brained and creative, which is impeding my professional progress. The message being imparted is: Its ok to be creative and have that be your primary focus, but I dont have to be poor to do it.

Thats right on time. I do need to hear and work on that.

No comments: