Friday, December 22, 2000



Holy light speed, batman!!!

This fucker is FAST.

I had built the Plentium II in '98, with the intention of making it a Win2000 server eventually.

I never got around to it, but as I prepped it today, I can now see what it can do when its finally unfettered (ie: not running Win98).

On one hand, Im sorry I wont be using it the way I intended when I built it, but it's almost ideal for the film student buying it.
This is the perfect machine to get her started on part of her dream.....
Which is why I wanted her to get it, inspite of selling it for about half of what its currently worth.

Things like this isnt about the money for me.

She's way excited about getting it (yes, she knows the deal she's getting) - but Im actually more excited for her.
She'll be able to run hard-core animation and video proggies without batting an eye.

She asked me if the machine is akin to a Porsche...
Heheh. Being the carr geek that I am, I puffed out my chest and said "No".

"Nah baby.." pausing for effect.. "this is a more like a fwuckin *Range Rover*. No, make that a m*%&*#&%*$%^ EXPEDITION! It'll fuckin haul anything you throw at it without coughin up blood."

Shit, more like an obscenely deep-breathing Mack Truck. :-)

*grunt*

But jeezus.. I didnt realize that it had this much giddyup to it.

Wait till I put in those twin Xeon CPU's innit for her next month... heheheh.

Whoo, doggy.

No comments: