Wednesday, August 15, 2001

(Boring Tech talk... Im just venting..)

To Do List:

- Fix Server Security Problems
*groan*
The power went out during a thunderstorm, and since then - flaky crap has been happening ... machines had trouble logging in etc. And my server logs started filling up with error messages.

Fixed after I uninstalled Win2000 Service Pack 2.

Did I mention I hate Microsoft?

(Yes Clint, I know, i know...)

- Organize and reset print queues.

After above mentioned power outage, I lost access to the printers from ONLY Win2000 machinas. *groan*.

Status: Fixed.
Reason: I had set the firewall software to "paranoid", rendering the server invisible to 'untrusted' machines. *doh*

There were 8 other things on my To Do list for the day. Hopefully, I'll get to 'em.

If I feel like it.

Fredlet said the other day:
I chose not to go after the fulltime tech job again.
Frankly, I could get some heinous tech support or QA job again, but I'm so very over that phase of my life. Now I get discounts on stuff, free coffee, a part time schedule worked around my design so that instead of being paid a lot and work for another fat, mean, know-it-all asshole I can be paid less, do what I love... and be employed by me — a mean, know-it-all asshole =:)
Oh the irony.


Aint it ironic indeed.

Now, Im spending my days doing tech work in a coffeehouse. :-)

At least I get to meet all kinds of cool folk....

And the art and free caffiene feeds da soul. :-)

No comments: