Friday, November 02, 2001

"There are two kinds of people who take risks.
Pigs and chickens.
They have the kind of attitude towards risk as to a ham and eggs breakfast.
Chickens are interested.
Pigs are committed.
To do anything worthwhile you need a bunch of pigs."

- Jim Clark
Chapter 11: Making Chicken into Pork
The New New Thing


I aint dead yet.

Oink.
-------------
Something Ive been noticing more and more lately...

Young white boys panhandling on the streets. Begging ME for money.

Last night, as I walked home - one came up to me, asking if I could spare a quarter.

Another I saw in Union Square, clean cut with Gap sweatshirt and clean Dockers, had the now obligatory 'Tale of Woe' sign, sitting in front of the McDonalds on 17th and Broadway.

The well dressed folk, instead of looking away as usual, simply stared at him in passing, in what I assume would be, horror and slight disbelief.

I take this trend as an indicator.

I think Im starting to feel for them, because I am no longer thinking "Uh-huh, right. If the roles were reversed, would YOU..."
-------

No comments: