Thursday, January 17, 2002

Nothing' really...
-------------
Decided to expedite the process a bit and prep ye olde laptop for road duty.

@%^#$$%$ microsoft. Reminded me why I turned away from IT.

All I really wanted to do was make Eudora roadworthy. And that was two days ago.

(Adventures with IE, PPTP, memory conflicts, oh my..)

Came to the belated realization that even trusty Eudora has its limits.. (my inbox file is 3 years old and 7 megs in size..)

*sigh*

Common sense sez I shoulda tossed Ye Olde Laptop (A Toshiba 4900CT.. Pentium 75/800 meg drive/16 megs of RAM, circa 1994.. you get the idea) but GODDAM it still runs good.

Eh, it was free.

I just flipped it off. It can wait.
----------
WTMI Dept..

LilBro was looking at me funny the other night..

LilBro: Dont take this the wrong way brotha....
Me: what?
LilBro: You look so.. I can see your NECK again.. Man, you look .. you look so DIFFERENT now.

Yep. Weight loss continues.

Of course, there is bad news to this.

You know stretch marks? They appear when you gain?

Well, when you lose... the stretch marks un-stretch and become these.. guh.. wrinkles.

Not a pretty sight, as I discovered this morning...
------------
One of the things you dont discover about NY until you get here.

Dust.

This is an old city, with old buildings... and it generates a lot of dust.

The detrius of humans, machinery, animals, vermin, nature. And it accumulates.

Go outside, and you breathe in a lot of dust. Go inside.. and you breathe in even more.

Living outside the city made me forget this I think..

People were looking at me funny as I wore a towel over my face in the house.

Dust.

Guh.
--------------
I had the sense of waiting for other things to happen.

Well, even when the offer came out of the blue, I was far from surprised.

Changes my plans only slightly. (I'll tell ya later, fred... IF it works out.)
------------
Heh. Had my ego stroked this afternoon during my daily walk.

After much loud honking, they finally got my attention.

What? You hear horns all the time in the city.

F**: Boy, didnt you hear us HONKING at you???
(She turns to her friend in the drivers seat..)
"C****, this is Joe. Joe, C*****. He's single too. He is a SWEETHEART."
Me: "You gonna move with me out west, C*****?"
C*****: "Oh no. You mean Im not gonna see your pretty face around here?"

Oooohhh. I'll take the ego strokes where I can get 'em. :-)

Grey beard an' all.

No comments: