Wednesday, February 27, 2002

Ok. To clear up the confusion.

Im not in New York. Im not yet in California.

Im still in Florida, wearing out my welcome.

Didnt intend to be here this long.

My camera is dead. Ergo, no pictures of God's own sunsets and StonerCat.

And yes, Im headed to San Francisco, just not sure as to exactly when.

But very soon.
----------------


JT and I were talking about the different chinatowns in the US.

His comment about SF's chinatown is that it reminded him of Hong Kong.

Specially the the Street of Tea and Ginseng. :-)

Frankly, I was disappointed with it.. cuz it didnt seem like New Yorks chinatown.

Still, in its own way - fascinating.

Particularly when I escaped the orbit of the plastic looking tourist part, and decided to find the real deal one night....
















Instead of a teeming example of a historic gateway, the place just seemed like a clean tourist trap.. until it got dark, and most of the tourists disappeared, and the street began to fill with people taking care of the basics.
























Then I turned a corner, and it was over.














No comments: