Friday, March 01, 2002

Im only about twenny miles from Cape Canaveral, so I can see the shuttle launches from here.

Guess when I finally went asleep after being on dawn patrol?

You guessed it.. when countdown to shuttle launch started at 5:45 am.

GAH.

Granted, anticipated once-in-a-lifetime experiences are often over-rated, but this woulda been nice.
------------
JT: Are you insane???
Me:What?

(I had just walked in the door after a late night walk...)

JT: Its fucking FREEZING outside.
Me: Whaddya mean??!! Its nice outside!!

It was. Granted, freezing temperatures have visited Central Florida during the night.. but Im northern conditioned.

I didnt even have a jacket on, just a denim shirt, with a turtleneck shirt underneath.

A brisk walk on a chill night is invigorating.

Although I havent gone riding since 30 degree temps have entered the area...

Heh. JT isnt really a northerner anyways. :-)

It was funny watching daytime WGN news with the reporters outside in 30 degree CHICAGO weather.

Trust me, it aint your stylish over-coats and scarf that the NY reporters wear, or the jackets and caps the Orlando correspondents have. Oh no.

We are talking hevvy duty goretex down parkas, wool caps and MITTENS.

Can we say 'wind-chill' boyz an' goils?

Oh yes, I remember The Hawk. (Ask any Navy vet who trained at the Great Lakes naval station in the winter what thats like.)

So, this is a nice cool weather. I aint complainin'.
---------------
Oh it is?

Oops.

Happy birthday Winnie. :-)






No comments: