Tuesday, June 11, 2002

Cyn wrote:
do you miss nyc, joey?

Hm.

Actually, Ive been wondering the same thing. I sometimes wonder if I shouldnt be missing it more.


I guess the short answer is, not really.

A couple of years ago, Rashid and I were walking toward Penn Station discussing how long we would be staying in New York. He felt he wanted to leave and go back to Florida.

He's still there. Doesnt look like he'll be leaving anytime soon.

Back then, I reacted in mild disbelief, along the lines of "How could you want to leave all this?"
I couldnt see myself leaving. And if I hadnt gone through the poverty of the last 2 years - I doubt I would have.
Of course, I do want to go back from time to time, hang with the friends and family.
I would love to have a place to stay there.

I miss picking up the 25 cent Post, the (relative) ease of getting around, the quality morning donuts and bagels, the energy of stepping out of a subway stop and emerging into a totally different dimension, no matter which stop I choose to walk out of.

Yeah, I kinda miss it.

But I wish I missed it more.























--------
But I actually miss Staten Island more.

























Yeah. Of all the places in New York, Staten Island is where Id buy a house.

That should say something.















No comments: