Monday, July 01, 2002

Free. Yes, youre Free. No, really....

Sometimes you never really appreciate what you have. You often have to be reminded.

After fighting so hard for my personal independence (oft at great cost to familial and social ties) Im finding that even with me fiercely fighting for my right to be free... I act as if I have obligations that keep me bound.

I can do what I want.

Fergit what I do or dont possess, what people say or promise or dont say, .. I can go.

I was debating wether I should accept the use of a cell phone, because I dont always want to be in touch.

Today word came that he changed his mind. So, if I needed anymore reminders...

YOURE FREE!

Wow. What a concept.

Ok, Joe.. nevermind about maybe or maybe not having places to stay at your stops. GO. Pack and buy that ticket. GO.
----------------
Something Cubiclegirl said...
I'm ON VACATION.

I'm majorly excited about the road tripping. I'm just amazed still by the fact that we're allowed to drive from place to place. And we DON'T HAVE TO TELL ANYONE. We don't even need papers. Just a license and an ATM card for gas and GO. JUST GO.

This country just allows you to drive.

Living for almost six years without a car in NYC changed my perspective on this whole driving thing. I forgot about it. I did. I forgot that you can just drive. GO. In NYC, I had to buy my way out of the city. Bus ticket, plane ticket, train ticket. You had to have papers and money and a place that public transit went. It was weird at first and then normal.


Driving places still seems weird to me.


Im not driving, but yeah - what she said.


No comments: