Tuesday, February 18, 2003

Surrender to the mundane

Today's horrorscope


According to the planets, you are imposing too many limits on yourself.

On some occasions that might be a good thing, but today you need to cast off your shackles and do what comes naturally, whether or not the world approves.

Don't force yourself into a mold that has been designed for other people - inevitably, they will be smaller than you.



I always thought I (privately) dream Big Dreams, but the people here are all telling me I am not asking enough from the universe.

As enriching and satisfying as the life of a homeless itinerant is (holds up sparkly 'sarcasm' sign), I am truly getting tired of hungering for the little things. The cheap things. The shit i thought nothing of buying in The Better Days.

Let us see what is on my list..

A QuarkXpress manual.
A bigger hard drive.
A yahoo mailPlus subscription.
A WallStreet Journal online subscription.

Nope, nuthin here costs over 80 bux. And yet, Ive been wanting these things for over a YEAR.
I find myself pining and using my Moon in Taurus patience to tell myself that I dont NEED any of this, so chill.

When I look at the silver 5-series that pass me by, and I squash the pangs and try not to remember the days when THAT was my short-term goal.

So, is this too much to ask:

A stable homebase.
Monies coming in.
Totally new clothes.
All my papers in order.

*shakes head*

Almost seems like an impossible dream.

Yeah. Apparently Im asking for too little.


--------
I looked out the cottage window and saw the crazy azure blue sky and the Cali light plastering the side of the house.

That picture called to me.

I told it 'no' for the umpteenth time.

I may take pictures of the everyday and mundane, but I resist taking pictures of shit done to death.

Shytte like abstracts of rustic buildings, nudes, animals.

I dont wanna surrender to the mundane.

My friend told me to embrace my fear.

After my recent artistic freak-out, I didnt feel like searching for the special anymore.. so..

I had no choice.

I walked out and embraced the mundane.

I took pictures of the side of the house.



No comments: