Wednesday, June 18, 2003

I went to see the gummint man today

As I was
busy trying to remember dates and times to prove I was who I said I was to the gimlet-eyed Homeland Security officials and agents, the phone rang from deep in my backpack.

I dropped my pen and dived into the bag, at the very least to hush it up, wondering who could be calling right THEN.

It stopped, then started again.. I finally found it, ignoring the stoic irritation near me..

The number was very familiar. So I answered it.

Later, a note on Yahoo messenger to my girl:

jopennant: baby :-)
jopennant: that was so sweet when you called
jopennant: even the stern faced officials at the INS office had to smile when i said "I love you too" :-D
jopennant: love you baby

--------
Ok. The fat lady hasnt quite paid the check yet, but it ...*breathes*.. (dont wanna jinx it by announcing anything).. looks as if my ID issues are nearly over.

*quiet 'woohoo'*

One more visit, and after 9 months I can become a person again.
--------
I guess they WERENT joshing when they said they had to get my dossier from Washington DC.

They had my papers from 23 years ago, and a picture of me at 14.

Heh. I was skinnier and I had a fro too. :-)

I shoulda asked for a copy.

Luck. Didnt wanna push it.

No comments: