Thursday, June 19, 2003


Just now..

Walking by the Berkeley Psychic Institute, a sign out front in lively colors offering a psychic reading (with a small donation)..

Young man: Would you be interested in a psychic reading today?
Me: Thank you .. but there's no donation available today..

(We both laff).


Actually, I have my own personal spiritualist.

Known her for what can now be safely called 'donkey years'.

My friend "WitchyPoo".

She's good. Really.

As far as knowing the future, I figure Id rather not know, cuz if I knew everything that was upcoming (based on the past 5 or so years), Id prolly freak the hell out and shoot myself..

So, you can understand how I felt in the summer of 1999 when Poo decided that I needed a heads-up on the spiritualist side.

As tactful as my pal is.. she couldnt hide the bad news when she called me at my office.
Its a good thing I was a skeptic of the highest order then, cuz I expected my life to go a WHOLE lot differently than she described.

Hell, I had everything figured out, I thought. And my expectations were not as tough as she was describing professionally and personally.

So, although I hold my friend in the highest of esteem, I scoffed.

Dadgum if everything did (and didnt) happen exactly as she said.

In May of 2001, I was a little more receptive. The news THIS time was a tad more upbeat.

This tyme the cup of cyanide was only half full.

But THIS time I was a believer. So I prepared myself.

Uhhh, again - everything she said was dead on. (Scarily so.) Unfortunately, I made the mistake of assuming things would go the way I thought they would.

I made plans.

And damn if everything didnt go the way Poo described. Just not the way I planned or in the timetable I had assumed.

Ok, so - a few weeks ago, Poo gave me my bi-annual heads up.

THIS time, she was positively FULLA good news.

Yes. Really. I asked her to repeat herself many, many times.

I grumped, moaned and growled. She didnt budge or change her tune.

Okie.

But Ive learned my lesson.

Im not assuming anything.

-------
So far, Im seeing signs that Poo may be right on target again.

Circumstances seem to be panning out and heading in the right directions.

Hm.

Still, Im not gonna assume ANYTHING.

But, dadgummit - it looks as if she's right as usual.

What every woman likes to hear. ;-)

-------
So, my plug. An unreserved endorsement.

My pal Poo has one fault as a spiritualist.. she tells the truth.

And apart from loyalty and friendship - there is almost nothing else I value

more.

She is also very good at what she does.

She is down-to-earth and wise and private and tactful and keeps secrets very, very well.



Check her out.

You wont regret it.




No comments: