Wednesday, July 16, 2003

Mornin, mornin.

It's getting
so that I cant start my day without my Morning Marn (tm) after a good percolating (ok, brewed/filtered/slopped) cuppa Joe and sugary sweet goodness known as donuts (but not Krispy Kremes)...

Chuckles aplenty, man...

That silent cursing I had been doing earlier under my breath? It was now completely audible. My Crankymeter had redlined. My mood had gone from Bad to Come One Step Closer And I Will Rip A Limb Off You And Beat You Soundly With It.
- From "Slither On Little Buddy Slither On"


Or from "Mutant Crust"
Now first off let me say that since childhood I have been a sucker for The Movies About Mutants and/or Freaks Who Are Saved By The Love Of A Good Woman, which in turn is a sub-genre of the whole Women Civilize Men movie theme.

(Any woman who's opened a laundry hamper, managed to survive the experience AND actually launder a week's worth of man-a-rrific socks knows the basic truth that Men Are The Heart of Darkness and Without Women There Would Be NO Civilization. Movies just tend to expand on this by going beyond the hamper.)

Now about the sub-genre which I love ... If said mutants and/or freaks are repressed or unaware of their feelings I find them especially intriguing. (Oooh, Batman, come to Marn; Tarzan, sweetie, Marn LIKE Tarzan.)


Heehee....
---------
In this land where everybody is either a practicing pothead, user, recovering or touring multiple 12-step meetings, I felt the need one morning to start my whatchamacallit admission of addiction in a courtyard with *fuckin GREAT* acoustics....

"MY NAME IS JOE AND I AM A STARBUX ADDICT!

YES! AT ONE TIME IN MY LIFE I SPENT A MINIMUM OF TEN DOLLARS A DAY ON FUCKING COFFEE!!! THATS A MINIMUM OF TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS A MONTH AND 2400 BONES A FREAKIN YEAR!!!

YES!! I WAS ...."

"A motherfucking idiot." said the man sitting in the courtyard.

His smile told me I'd better not 'fess up to the donut addiction.






No comments: