Friday, October 24, 2003

Talkin bout it

Horrorscope

Being flexible isn't usually your thing, but today it benefits you tremendously.
Love insists on doing it one way, not yours, so you'll have to decide if you'd rather be together or be right. Outsiders may misunderstand the dynamics of your relationship, but don't bother explaining.

Normally, Im fairly circumspect about the personal stuff - but Im writing this down...

Because I think I have to.
You need to put a partnership or relationship on a firmer footing, and the sun in Scorpio over the next few weeks will make it possible.
But it won't just happen out of the blue: The effort must come from you.
Make sure those you interact with on a one-to-one basis know what it is you think and feel.
Communication is the key to success.

Maybe this is another fear to confront?
---------
One of the most important rules of goal setting is to put them in writing.

Written goals are a tangible sign of a promise that you intend to keep. They can remind you of that promise when time is short and other priorities press in. They will also help you track your progress, make your accomplishments more obvious and help you identify problem areas that need more attention.

Sadly, only 5% of Americans write down goals and objectives, but 95% of those who do succeed.

------
"Hey. Hey."

I reluctantly opened my eyes against the sun and the green of the reflected grass and sky, came out of my inner world and prepared to be social.

"The photography coming along?"
"Non. The camera is busted."
"Is that a reason?"
"Huh?"
"Is that a reason to change what youre doing?"
"Nah, Im replacing the camera. I am a photographer."
"Good."


Id been thinking of getting around to writing down my affirmations (Make 5 mil a year! EVERY year! Win the Pulitzer! Get a Macarthur 'genius' grant! Make the NEA wonder who do they have to sleep with to get me to take their money and positions!) to make my dreams real, and at that moment, I decided..

"Its time."

So, I started writing, and then I stopped.

I couldnt put down all the things I wanted. I knew when you do it, it manifests and all the things that happen, good or bad, you have to deal with, come what may.

So, all I have written down is "Get my cameras in 3 months."

Thats it.

Nothing else.

Whats stopping me from writing down the other executive orders?

Fear?

Or do I have to think some more?
-----------

No comments: