Tuesday, December 23, 2003

"I want Peace on Earth and a gift certificate and a pony.."

Just now, I commented on Sun's LiveJournal about what I want for camera gear, (SONY doesnt make professional camera gear :-p), blowing a personal rule of talking in public about what it is I REALLY want.

Sure, I want a Fuji S7000 and a Fuji S-2 Pro/Nikon D-100/D2H with all the lenses to make moola with..

But my dreams are bigger.

My own properly equipped professional studio, with all the accoutrements (espresso maker and art school co-ed assistants/models included).

My studio tho will be all digital workflow.

Which means what I REALLY want will cost Big Money.

Background:

Until I started helping pro photographers convert to a digital workflow, I didnt really know that there is a WHOLE NOTHER digital camera world out there.

The land of expensive digital camera backs. That come tethered to their own computers. With their own software.

So.. I want THIS.

Fujifilm DBP for GX680. 40 megapixel ouput. LARGE format. Oooh baby...

$22 Grand plus is the suggested retail.

Granted, batteries and the camera comes seperately - but hey, you cant have everything.

And this is just ONE of my dreams.

Yes, I dream big, but I dont tell people that.
-----------
They say the universe provides... but sometimes you wonder what the gods have up their sleeves when they hand out the goodies..

Cuz there is always a catch.

Yesterday, I got a brand new pair of Serious Boots. Good for wading into muddy, cold artic tundra. Or the rainy streets of San Fraincisco in winter (*larfs ass off*).

Ok, fine.

THEN today, I got a Lowe Alpine backpack.

WTF??

WHERE THE HELL AM I GOING????

Its got space for ALL my stuff and pretty much any camera gear, including tripods that I may ever need to carry.

Oh yeah, and in the backpack was a North Face Winter Jacket.

Uh-huh.

See questions 1 and 2 above.

So, to the universe which provides.. thank you for the christmas stuff.

What's the catch?
----
Oh yeah, I got the gear from a man who travels the world, writes books.. he is off to Thailand for the winter, and he was shedding accumulated gear he didnt need.

Cuz he needs to travel light.

A true Itinerant.





No comments: