Monday, December 22, 2003


Ok.. next!

End of the year
, almost time for another resolution. A theme for the upcoming year.

Hmm. Every year, I pick something that I know will be a bit of stretch, worthwhile and ongoing.. and just weird and vague enough that I cant bullshit or rationalise myself out of it.

To rehash, this year has been about surrender.

Whoo. THAT'S been a doozy.

Surrendering to my lifelong fears of being homeless. Surrendering to alternate experiences. Alternate people. And a whole lot more I might write novels about.

But a big deal, was surrendering to love. And in retrospect, its been surrendering to intimacy.

Something Im NOT good at. Nor have I particularly wanted to on most levels... even as I crave it and conversely run as fast as I can for clear emotional air.

So, in 2003 - I surrendered. And then, I explored it further.

Mostly going along with the flow, sometimes making the tough and hard choices.

It feels as if Im finding my way to somewhere. Finally.

Now, I want more, but on my terms, natch.
------------
This week's horrorscope

Think about it. Think about it hard.

This year was about intimacy -- either an attempt to achieve it or the need to deal creatively with the lack of it.

Now, as Christmas approaches and lucky stars light up your one-on-one house, Santa's largess includes a sweet and sensual breakthrough.
No one, but no one, deserves a tender moment more than you do.

Just don't do anything to Scrooge it up.


*Looking up from lacing up emotional running shoes*

Who? Me?
------
My morning Marn(tm) giving me a smile about the sappymushy stuff...
We were still speaking, but it was in the slightly formal tones that one uses when one is trying to mask the fact that one is very, very ticked off with the other person. It was a wonderful way to spend a special day. No. Really. I mean it.


That never going to bed angry rule is a good one. I apologized to him for being anal. He was generous enough to say the room will be more polished looking because I have been so fussy.

There was smooching and other stuff.

There is something to be said about living vicariously through others.

For one, its waaaay easier than living your own. :-)
--------
Soooo, whats the resolution fer next year....

Hmmm.

Dunno yet.

Maybe Im not asking the right questions...


No comments: