Tuesday, December 02, 2003

Morbid fascination

"Its the age of appreciation"
I say to those about to cross over the dreaded 3-oh. "You start relearning all those lessons you'd learned when you were younger, but special."

I just never explain why that is. Prolly because its something that Im squeamish about.

Crossing 30 is when you start realizing time is running out.

So starts the morbid fascination with obituaries.

Especially reading of the people dying of natural causes in their mid-30's.

Your feeling of immortality is wounded to say the least.


And there begins your journey down De-Nile.

Today, Im aching and groaning and sweating, not near death, but having visions of it... and in my mailbox comes a gently nagging missive from Lillie.
PLEASE make an appt with the doc like I asked you and check out your blood pressure, OK? I don't want you leaving life like my father.

You tell me what date you set that appt.

Lil is as stubborn as I am, so I cant act as if I didnt hear her.

Plus, I dont think she wants to see me in the obituary column either.

-----------
Bee Pollen, eh?



No comments: