Thursday, January 22, 2004

Buck up fella

He comes
up to me, worrying. Worrying that he doesnt have enough money before he gets another check.

I find myself having no sympathy.

I can make a buck stretch like no one's business, and Im proud of this. Hey, Ive had years of practice now. :-) (Let's keep my coffee addiction out of this..)

He freaks if he has ONLY fifty bucks for the weekend. That he ONLY recieves 400 bux a week from unemployment.

I am now sick and tired of tactfully suggesting that he MIGHT have an advantage, that he can live well at this level.

He has no bills, and apart from coffee and cigarettes - no real expenses. He can make his money STRETCH.

And, gawd-amighty, he still whines.

Mira, on the other hand says things like "Do you KNOW what I could DO with 5 grand???? I could turn that around, put on a theatre production, market the hell out of it, DEFINITELY make my money back."

Mira doesnt whine.

She knows the value of money. Respects it.

I respect her.

This guy, on the other hand...

Eh.

Of course, I used to be like him.

I'd rather be like Mira.

No comments: