Wednesday, January 21, 2004

Today, at our noonish coffee meetup

Me: "Yeah, Im sentimental about things like that. Dont tell nobody."
Mira, *sarcastic*: "Didnt know you were sentimental, Joe."

Heh. Of course she understands.....

Mira and I are good friends.. partly because we treat each other with a weird mixture of detachment and intense emotion. We also motivate each other for the same reason.

That's how we are. Our motivations are very similiar.

If Im doing something purely for myself, Im totally lackadaisical. If Im doing something for others, Im totally there.

This frustrates folk who know me.

Its frustrating for me too. Id rather do for myself.. but Im not built that way.

I have to have someone else to help make THEIR dreams come true, then Im motivated to move mountains.

Otherwise, I aint motivated.

And of course, being poverty stricken - people think Im helpless and NEED help.

Um, not really.

I just need to be motivated.. and its not their job.

It's mine.

So, all Mira asks of me is to help motivate her. As well as myself.

And that *is* what i need.




No comments: