Sunday, January 25, 2004


Le Gold Medal du Cuppa Joe

When I cant have
real caffienated coffee, Im a very, very grumpy cranky surly serious asshole.

Im ugly warmed over faking the *@#^#%@^ smile.

Sometimes even, as Marn put it:

I'd describe myself as death warmed over, but that would be a slur on corpses everywhere.

Heh, I hadda find a good way to use that quote Marn. ;-)

But, it aint so far from the truth.

Ever since Ive hit Berkeley, the natives have been boasting about their homegrown gourmet coffee place, Peet's.. legend has it inspired the founders of Starbux (I dunno if its something to be boastful about, but could just be me..).

Oh, and by the way they claimed.. its the best cuppa Joe you'll ever taste.

*pshaah* "Yeah, right" Ive said to myself for nigh over a year now.

Well, I just tried it for the first time, as one is down the block from where Im staying, and...

No, it aint the best cuppa Joe Ive ever tasted BUT... it gets me properly wired without being bitter or overly strong, while being industrial strength.

A Joe Pennant Gold Medal winner, even.

No, it doesnt make me pretty - but I dont have to growl to be unnerstood in the morning either.

No comments: