Thursday, February 12, 2004

*breathe*

I feel
much better.

Coffee and a donut feels right about now.

Hell. *brightens* A VentiMocha and a Bear Claw!

Right on.

Yes, its a wonderful day.
---------
Last night I had a glass of wine, surprising Mira at her little dinner party, because she assumed I wouldnt want anything to drink.

Normally I dont.

It went well with the meal, and I woke up clear headed. (Although no less cranky, according to the fellas, although apparently I did say "please" and "thank you sir", when I told them to keep the blasted noise down this morning.)

An idea occurred to me. A wine bar for teetotallers like me.

I DONT wanna buy a bottle of wine if all Im gonna have is a glass once a month.

Lemme walk in, have a glass of decent wine, cheese crackers, whatever .. and be on my way.

They can recork and reserve to someone else.

Yeah, that'd be cool.
-----------
Last night as I walked down from Mira's house, a plate of lovingly wrapped veggie lasagna and some brischotta (I think), I passed by a well dressed-man who I at first thought was saying hello.

It was only when he took the plate from my hand was when I realized he was hungry and was in the process of asking for the plate of food to eat.

This is Berkeley. I gave him the food. He needed it more than I. I have food available to me, I wont go hungry here.

Of course, when he asked in his french accent for a few pennies to get a soda when I smilingly told him no, have a nice night, enjoy the food and to move on.

This may be Berkeley, and the kindness overflows here - but some folk will take kindness for weakness.
--
Right down the street from where I was walking is Berkeley's famous Gourmet Ghetto, home to Chez Panisse, the Cheese Board Collective where the finest breem and produce can be had.. people were lining out the doors ...

I realized that the high prices support the overflowing cornucopia which *will* filter down to people that need it.

In Berkeley, there are a ton of folk, aged and young, who cant afford to live there. But you will be taken care of.

Its the Berkeley Way.. something to behold.

No comments: