Thursday, March 25, 2004

Ok, this is fun.

Prepping, printing, mounting images. Im havin' a ball.

Sure, I worry that Im going through (*expensive*!!) ink cartridges and (*expensive*!!) Espon paper much, much too quickly.. but goshadarnit.. it is fun.

Even more fun when people "ooh" and "ahh" over the prints.

Big ego massage, that. (Us Dragons need genuine and massive amounts of ego boosts to live.)

Actually, the big ego boost of the day was when one man, who gives me much good-natured grief went "FUCK!!" upon first seeing the prints.

Hee. :-)

The buzz of deadlines, doing what I truly like to do, the mental gymnastics of troubleshooting, the silent cursing of learning through blood, sweat and tears.. all dat, and more.

Love it.

---------
Marn wrote:
You know, perspective is an interesting thing.

Last week if you'd said to me, "Marn, the right side of your face is going to be partially frozen for a while and you're going to have to put goo in your eye three times a day" I would have been horrified. There would have been mass quantities of anguish and drama.

But now I'm all, "Woo HOOOOOO, It's Not A Stroke" and everything else seems like small potatos.

Mira asked me the other day "What do you do with your time every day?"

I think she expected a forward moving itinerary or list.

I didnt give her a straight answer.

Apart from sitting around waiting on beauracratic nonsense, the honest answer is...

Nothing.

Or, more accurately... nothing that I dont want to do.

Its pure joy to have the relative freedom to live my life the way I want, but the other day I realized that there is something that MUST change.

Do I do what I want because Im FORCED to do it or do what I want when I CHOOSE?

Which means I do have to be more proactive, for as I get older, Im appreciating the value of time, and how precious it is.

Sometimes I go "DAMN, I wish I'd have done all this earlier!"

Sorry, I wish I could articulate this better.

But long story short - I appreciate the life and freedom I have to live on the path I want to be on.

Because I need to be doing nothing that I dont want to do.

For as Marn sums the matter:
And because you can hear the clock softly ticking, ticking, ticking and you know that the verb "can't" is going to have to become a bigger part of your vocabulary.


Some day.


But not now.


Not just yet.


No comments: