Wednesday, March 24, 2004


With Friends like these

A: It seems like I bump into Joe everywhere. No one else.. I hardly ever bump into anyone I know here.
George: About how many times have you guys randomly bumped into each other?
A: About 5 times now.


Lessee.. on the BART train, downtown Oakland, Lake Merritt, downtown Berkeley

And today when I walked into the Berkeley Espresso coffeeshop, there was George and A, who had decided to drop by Berkeley while doing errands.

Amazing amount of sernedipity y happenstance.

Fine by me.. Im always glad to see 'em. :-)
---------
So Marn had a stroke-like episode over the weekend.

Turns out its only Bell's Palsy, not a stroke. I know IM relieved.

Does Marn confine herself to bed rest? Oh Nooo.

Marn being Marn... SHE DRIVES HERSELF TO THE GYM AND CONTINUES WORKING OUT.

Geminis being .. well, Geminis.. they tend to do things like that.

(Low boredom threshold and all)

Heh.

Glad yer Ok, hon.

And Poo.. dont let her give you no ideas.
--------
A dear friend got in touch and said she wanted to buy one of my images.

Which would be fine with me, except that she has proven herself as one who never needs to ask for anything from me.

Sure, I can use the cash.. but nah.

R: "You should give her the print."
Me: "Yeah, I intend to. But she wants to pay for it."
R: "She wants to help. But if she insists, well ok.."
Me: "Yeah, but she doesnt have to with me."

Ok, but Im gonna do right by her, as she has done right by me and for me over the years.

I insist.
----
If anyone sees me walking about and using a top-of-the-line laptop, lemme tell ya - it aint mine.

It was lent to me to prep and print my images.

She's not a stranger, but I doubt she knows my name.

Yes. Really.

That's an extra-ordinary amount of trust being shown.

Oaklanders have a rep of being rough and tough - but hang out here awhile.. and you'll find an extraordinarily high level of heart here.

Theyre wary of being taken advantage of, but will demonstrate a high level of acceptance and caring.

Ive gotten to know some good folk here.

And Im glad for it.


No comments: