Tuesday, March 30, 2004

An open letter to Customer Support


Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 10:25:02 -0800 (PST)
From: "Joe Pennant"
To: customersupport@rhinotek.com

To: RhinoTek Corp.


I am a photographer, and when I print images for
sale and exhibition, they have to meet critical
standards for color and performance.

Having seen ads for your products and the assertion
that your products meet and beat the performance of
OEM products, I decided to try your product.

I bought a Rhinotek cartridge for an Epson printer at a CompUSA yesterday to see if your claims held up.

I would say no.

I put in the cartridge, charged and cleaned the
nozzles.

My first image came out with inverted colors as one of the nozzles was clogged.

After going through charging and cleaning cycles TWICE (wasting much ink in the
process), it started printing.

Unfortunately, the prints came out with a decidedly
nasty yellow cast.

Which would be fine on images of sunsets and night
lighting when the overall color cast IS yellow.. but
pictures of people, their flesh tones look as if
theyve got jaundice and things that should have a blue
cast, are brown.

That is unacceptable.

Im not asking for a return or to test your
"100% guarantee", as the loss of $15 is a cheap price to
pay for a lesson.

I cannot trust the quality OR performance of your
products.

And if I cannot trust it, I cannot buy nor recommend
it.

Thank you

Joseph Pennant
Berkeley, CA


----------------
A few hours later, a reply:
Joe, I am sorry for the performance of our cartridge and please allow me to send you 2 additional for free and see if we can redeem ourselves to you. We only try and provide the best products possible products and services. Let me know.

Thanks,

Steve Woo
Executive Vice President
310-638-2500


Should I take 'em? Give 'em another chance?

I bought an Epson cartridge today, anyway.


No comments: