Friday, April 02, 2004

No pill-popping tree-hugger this

Springtime.
Allergies. Springtime. Allergies. Repeat. Sneeze.

Actually, Im only allergic to two types of tree pollen, pine and oak.

Oak pollen is the nastiest. My arch-nemesis. Truly evil. Sneezing AND burning of the nasal tissues.

Man.

I think I became sensitized by the oak tree outside of Ma's window in Brooklyn.

So, its springtime in .. OAK-land.

Oak trees on every corner!

Woohoo!

Shneeze, sniffle, blow, repeat.
----------
So, Im taking medication for the allergies too.

More medication.

In addition to the Cephalex, Glucophage, Ibuprofene and Vicodin (among others) that Im taking now.

Guh. I can barely supress the gag reflex when popping pills. Im not used to it.

Actually, Im not taking the Vicodin anymore. My pain tolerance is pretty high, so I dont need it.

Plus, Im suspicious of Happy Pills.

Vicodin makes me drowsy and slightly goofy. I can see myself popping pills to maintain that feeling. Nothankyou.

Plus, its overated. I first took Vicodin (aka Tylenol3) for frostbite back in Chicago, and I immediately hated it.

All it did was make me drowsy and didnt do anythiing substantial for the actual pain.

(By the way, the bad part of frostbite isnt when you lose the feeling in your extremities - its when the feeling comes BACK. That pain is a *motherfucker*, Im here to tell ya.)

So, Im off the Vicodin.

I'll save it for when I need to be drowsy and goofy....





No comments: