Thursday, April 01, 2004

On this day..

Today is
my Grandmothers birthday.

She spoiled me in the best way possible... by catering to my Virgoan pickiness.

An ice-cube in my morning tea, the chicken fried and crisped just so...

Its the little things that count.

Her only vice was picking the horses.

She let me pick the contenders for her. Made me feel like I was making a difference.

Again, its the little things.

Years later, I realize with her powerful Aries nature, she coulda flashed and oppressed a little kid.

She didnt. She used her kindness to make that kid feel special.

Her quietly wicked sense of humor kept us in line, which is why fart jokes are still lyrical to me.

The night skies over Runaway Bay was so clear, that you could see thousands of stars and the Milky Way could always be seen. Our private conversations under the stars are still fresh in my mind.

Its the little things that count.

Thats why April 1st is special to me.

Happy Birthday, Mary Allen.


No comments: