Thursday, August 12, 2004

Cant escape family ties

The indications
Ive been getting the last few days, apart from the usual things, mentioned that I have family schtuff to deal with.

Family? I thought all that had been set. Shouldnt have to deal with that.

Therefore, I ignored all of it.

So the next day, out of the blue, I got a letter from my sibling in Chicago I havent talked to in years.

Whoa. Id been thinking of how to get in touch with her that morn.

Then today's horrorscope, naturally, goes;
This is an important time for domestic issues, and if you make the effort today, you will be able to heal a rift that goes back a long way.
It is also an important time for money matters, and somehow the two areas - family and finances - will come together over the next 24 hours.


So today, lilbro gives me a holla, wants to do a family thing at his house, including said sibling.
Will buy the ticket to make sure Im there.

Wouldnt take no for an answer.

lilbro: u down or not?
JPennant: Im there man
lilbro: where u wanna fly out from?
JPennant: oakland
JPennant: Im assuming I'll still be in the bay Area then
lilbro: aight. gonna be from a wednesday to the sunday or monday if its thanksgiving. christmas is a weekend, so if u have a (AHEM) J O B ,,,,i would suggest u get some time off
JPennant: Heh.

lilbro: U COMIN 4 THE FAMILY THING I'M DOIN OR WHAT?
JPennant: of course
lilbro: grown men talkin business
lilbro: no excuses
JPennant: none
lilbro: got your word?
JPennant: got my word
JPennant: just tell me whats happening
lilbro: its in stone then
JPennant: yup
lilbro: :-D
lilbro: b good 2 see u man
lilbro: lil bro did good
JPennant: lil bro doing good
JPennant: proud of you :-)
lilbro: thanx son

lilbro: gotta roll
lilbro: ILL HOLLA SON LATER
JPennant: aight papi.
JPennant: :-)
JPennant: oh yeah, if i could meet my niece, that wouldnt be so bad. :-)
lilbro: no doubt ill bring her thru
JPennant: Nah, dont have to see her in Jersey, yo
JPennant: Id swing by Brooklyn
JPennant: the tripping can be kept to a minimum :-)
lilbro: u tell me how an we will do
JPennant: we'll figure something out. Its August
JPennant: see how things roll
JPennant: aight? :-)
lilbro: no doubt
lilbro: we'll talk latah
lilbro: luv yah
JPennant: luv you too pa

lilbro signed off at 6:54:20 PM.
----------
Of course, family will also demand tech support:

lilbro: yo how do i change my ip address again?
JPennant: why?
lilbro: wanna trick this website
JPennant: so someone cant track you?
lilbro: no so i can buy somethin cheaper
lilbro: i know it got somethin to do wit my network places but cant remember
JPennant: oh, you dont have to do that
JPennant: flush your cookies
lilbro: jus tell me
JPennant: thats the way to do it
JPennant: it doesnt go by your IP
lilbro: son dont be a woman, and tell me what i need to know. be a man and tell me what i want to know
JPennant: I just did, stoopid :-)
lilbro: lmao

JPennant: If you want to change yer IP
lilbro: u gonna help or do i have to go elsewhere?
JPennant: what you using, XP?
lilbro: yup
JPennant: command prompt... type ipconfig /renew
lilbro: ahhhhh dats it
JPennant: not gonna help tho
JPennant: the info is stored in the cookies
JPennant: so even if you change the IP, they still know its you
lilbro: the black screen comes up den vanishes
lilbro: its run right? thats the command box?
JPennant: in run, type cmd to bring up the command prompt
lilbro: oooo
lilbro: now u talkin


Who said family is free? :)



No comments: