Sunday, August 08, 2004

Yes sir, Mr Ranger, sir.

I find myself
giving direction in a town that I cant even figure out what direction Im looking in.

This morning it was a cute japanese chicanista looking upset/frustrated/confuzzled on Market Street. All she needed was to get to fisherman's wharf on the F-market line.

Even "I" know how to do that, shit.

Combine her minimal english to my minimal japanese, it only took about 5 minutes of discussion to have her pointed to the Ferry Building where she could catch the streetcar, without five passing her in a row.

As she bowed (tilted her head, really) and walked off into the future, I felt positively chuffed and a bit of a fraud.

I figure I should know this town a WHOLE lot better than i do to be giving out directions.

But, I do like helping people.
--------
This morn in downtown SF, the sun rose against an uncharacteristically blue sky.

So. One fleece jacket or two?

I gambled on one.

Wrong. I needed two for this reason:

California & Arguello

"Whoa. It sure is overcast now. And the fog seems to rolling? roiling? sweeping? in."

California and Park Presidio

"Hrm. The fog cover is at tree-height. Beautiful. Its sweeping? washing? burbling? in kinda quickly. Kinda chilly too."

The Presidio by the Golden Gate Bridge

"Motherfuck! Its cold! The wind and fog is blasting? cutting? hurtling? Shit, I dont know, but the birds arent even able to make any kinda headway against *this* breeze. It feels like a nor'easter blasting through.'

They call this Micro-Climates.

Or.. this is San Francisco. In the summer.



No comments: