Thursday, October 14, 2004


Pre-emptive barking

Dori recently
moved to Portland, Oregon from Brooklyn.

She's still adjusting:


run half a block to catch the bus going home. get on, take a seat a little too close to a man with coke-bottle glasses, a lot of john kerry buttons and a long beard, who will very shortly start talking to you. he will tell you all about how his 'days of acid are over, man, that stuff made me schitzo'.

change buses, sit down and pull out book. watch trashy teenage girl get on the bus after you. put out new york-style 'don't sit here' vibes to no avail. attempt to ignore the fact that in a few minutes, trashy teenage girl will be the second person within an hour to tell you about her stay in a mental hospital.

check.


Heheh. Sounds familiar.

Dori is a cute, petite person tho. People come to her.

Im a big surly guy. I'm not always so accomodating.

Sometimes, I hurt their feelings.

"Hey man, wanna sell your FastPass?"
"Back offa me."
*pause*
"I was just asking a question, man."

"You got a quarter, big man?"
"No."
"Just askin for a qua.."
"Why are we having this conversation?"
"Didnt mean to bother you man."


I think Ive mellowed a lot out here, im not always like that anymore. I just have to remember that the hammer isnt always necessary.

But a pre-emptive growl saves a lotta wear and tear, I gotta tell ya.
---------
Heh, it just might be a family thing.

JPennant: hey lil bruddah
JPennant: whappen
JPennant: wha a gwan?
lilbro: nuttin me deh yah
JPennant: irie, good fi hear
lilbro: yeh yeh

lilbro: i got 3 moving violations today
JPennant: daydreaming?
JPennant: oh, yeah - you live in jersey
JPennant: they need revenue
lilbro: nope, was comin from long island dis morning, and i was in gridlock traffic. cop was behind me, and a car in front stopped suddenly. so i moved into the lane to my right, cop said i moved wit out signalling, even though we was going 2 feet every 10 minutes
lilbro: den he pulls me ova and starts yellin at me like i'm his kid who took the truck out on a joy ride
lilbro: so i yelled back
JPennant: yelling?
JPennant: hooo
lilbro: hence 3 tickets
JPennant: ouch
JPennant: yeah, a cop friend of mine did that to somebody one time
JPennant: he was just gonna give a warning for holding their kid in their lap, but then they started giving him a hard time.
JPennant: he walked around the car, and wrote a single ticket for everything. from no sealtbelts to dirt on the license plate.
JPennant: think 10 tickets in all
lilbro: lmao
lilbro: dirt on license plate!!
lilbro: \shit son
lilbro: dats funny
JPennant: yup, "obscured plate"
JPennant: here's a trick a friend of mine taught me
lilbro: well i realized that it coulda been worse
JPennant: call them "officer"
JPennant: as in "yes officer"
JPennant: "no officer"
JPennant: no guarantee
JPennant: but it worked for my friend
JPennant: he was driving my car
JPennant: he blew through a speed trap at about 95 in a 25 zone
JPennant: I thought Id be driving the car home
lilbro: u told me dat 1
lilbro: i did all that
JPennant: you yelled at him :-)
lilbro: cop was pissed when he rolled up on me
JPennant: ah
lilbro: just mad bout nuttin, told me the plates didnt belong to my truck
lilbro: told me it belonged to an oldsmobile
lilbro: and said he was gonna tow me
JPennant: the connecticut plates?
lilbro: nah changed it 2 delaware
JPennant: the insurance that cheap there?
lilbro: yup
JPennant: so.. is it in fact registered to a GM product, instead of a ford?
JPennant: you can tell me, we family :-)
lilbro: nah it was legal, he jus aint know how to punch in the plate
lilbro: there is a "pc" in front of the numbers, he was jus punchin in numbers
lilbro: wanted to tell him suck my dick while he was checkin my plate but i digressed
JPennant: heeheehee
JPennant: "suck my big black dick, officer"?
lilbro: yup
JPennant: ive heard that works too
lilbro: runnin out luv yah
JPennant: luv ya too
JPennant: be good :-)
JPennant: be nice to your local law enforcement :-)
lilbro: u 2 man. u 2
JPennant: we got cop genes, thas why we like donuts so much
lilbro: .true
JPennant: heeheehee
lilbro: latah
JPennant: latah pa

Lilbro signed off at 4:37:53 PM.



No comments: