Monday, December 27, 2004


Habits

I had
broken the screen on the laptop back in June, I think. I only replaced it a few days ago. In that time, I worked around things by working with the broken screen in the area that was still clear, adapting my techniques to that limitation.

I didnt realize I was still retaining my habits until I found myself unconsciously twitching the cursor to the right , where I had crowded my icons and start-bar on the laptop. I was doing this on the mac, as well as on the laptop even though there was no longer any need.

Very hard to break habits, even the ones that may seem dead and buried, Im finding.

Long story short, next years resolution is taking shape, its about changing habits.

Now, what about them?

Adopt new ones, stick to the good ones, leave the not-so good ones alone.

Which ones?

As I said, its taking shape.
------
As anyone who lives with a Virgo will attest; we hate surprises.

Or, more accurately, we do not like to be surprised.

So, say we buy something for ourselves, the chances are we will know as much as is humanly possible about that object.

This christmas, I was bought a gift.. a one shot coffee maker.

If I had bought it, I wouldve known a lot about that item.

Because it was a gift tho, due diligence was not necessary.

So, long story short - the thing makes a fine cup of coffee.

And it is going back.

I had to flush the unit out for a long time to get rid of a nasty petroleum product taste out of it.
It leaks, because the pressurised tubing cannot hold the water.
It is loud and vibrates when making coffee. It actually sounds like a cheap aquarium aerator.
And it feels flimsy ad poorly assembled..

And according to other users on the internet, it is prone to catching fire.

Yah.

Surprises like that I dont need.


No comments: